Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

Tis the week of Thanksgiving
And all 'cross the nation,
Families are gath'ring
In glad celebration!

Now that I've gotten the rhyming bug out of my system... Happy Thanksgiving!!! I saw an interesting phenomenon on Facebook this November: People listing the things they are thankful for in a status update each day. I didn't do that, so I've decided to ponder the things that I am thankful for and list them here. I also would like to know what YOU are most thankful for this holiday season. It's cool to see things from other's perspectives.

Here we go! I am thankful for...
  1. My fiance
  2. My family
  3. A good job
  4. The kids I work with
  5. My paychecks
  6. A warm place to live
  7. A lovely place to sleep
  8. Good food to eat
  9. Fusion (Bible Study)
  10. My church
  11. Godly coworkers
  12. Sweet friends
  13. A new apartment
  14. My guitar
  15. Music
  16. Smiling faces
  17. Giggles
  18. Books (and the fact that I can read)
  19. Funny movies
  20. Calculators
  21. Computers
  22. Bottled water
  23. Kleenex
  24. Modern medicine
  25. My pillow

I saved the most important thing for last. I am thankful for the sacrifice that Jesus made for me, how He shed His own innocent blood to pay for my sins. I am thankful that God has chosen me to be the recipient of such marvelous grace.

May God bless you richly this Thanksgiving.

No comments: