Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pictures!!!

Hello everyone! It's been a week since I last blogged. I was so excited about cooking last week that it was all I really thought about and I didn't want to bore y'all with constant talk about food. So here I am, a week later, with pictures of everything I cooked this week.

Tuesday: Salmon Croquettes with Baked Asparagus and Angel Hair Pasta in Herb Sauce
With this, I discovered that trying to cook in oil on an electric stove in a nonstick pan is not a good idea... But it turned out really well. The sauce on the asparagus is a mix of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and butter.




Wednesday: Beef Stroganoff
I made this in the crockpot and served it over wide egg noodles. The recipe called for cream cheese to be stirred in before serving. I think next time, I'm going to use sour cream.



Thursday: Swiss Chicken Casserole
Another crockpot meal. SO GOOD! I got the recipe from a friend, and I will definitely be making this again.



I made this on Thursday, too. My fiance had a long day at work, so I surprised him with his favorite: butter cake with chocolate icing.

Friday, we had leftovers Well... I had leftovers, Matt had hot dogs grilled on the George Foreman Grill. They smelled really good, but since I had so much leftover from the week, I wanted to eat it before it went to waste.


Saturday morning, I got up and made scrambled eggs with sliced olives and cheese, bacon and toast. As you can see, I was hungry and took a bite out of the toast before I remembered to take the picture. I also discovered that the four and 3.5 settings on my toaster severely burn bread.

Yikes!

So that's my week in the kitchen! I've got a plan for this week, but with the ice junk that has recently come to town, I can't get to the store, and I'm not sure it would be very wise to even try to drive home until the temperature rises above freezing. Just in case though, here's my plan, and I will be posting pictures of anything I cook this week. If you want any of my recipes, just ask: I'm more than willing to share!

Please leave comments and your site locations!

 

No comments: