Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Valentine's Adventure

So yesterday was quite an adventure. After school, I had to rush to the OB/GYN for my first-ever appoinment. It was uncomfortable and I was so nervous that my heart was racing fast enough for the nurse practicioner to comment on it. Long story short, I'm now taking birth control pills and praying that the possible negative side effects won't affect me. I really don't want to spend the next 1-3 months feeling nauseated. Blech.

I then made abee-line for Matt's office, because I was supposed to donate blood. Unfortunately, my hour-long wait at the doctor's office ate up the time that I was planning to spend at the donor center, so I got there after they'd closed. So I sat in my car and waited for the staff meeting to be over. When it was, Matt came out of the building carrying a vase full of pearly pink roses and clouds of baby's breath. He looked so proud of himself and it was so cute! He also gave me a giftcard to Barnes and Noble because he wants to be able to spend time doing something that I really enjoy doing with me. (During a discussion on a part of the book we're reading for pre-marital counselling that talked about  how a man needs a woman to be his recreational companion and that they should accomplish this by finding activities they both enjoy, I had said something about how he's accepted the fact that I'm not ever really going to enjoy hockey games, just like he won't ever enjoy laying in bed and reading together.) I guess this means I need to get tickets to a hockey game... :-)

We spent the rest of the evening with our Bible Study group. We had so much fun playing the "Two Truths, One Lie" game, regaling each other with embarrassing stories (most involved pooping, peeing or belching at an inappropriate time) and playing Mafia.

All in all, it was a very nice Valentine's Day.

No comments: