Friday, March 4, 2011

It's a New Day

Hello! It's been a while since we've chatted. How are you? I am doing much better than I was a couple of weeks ago. I've had a good conversation with the person I was so mad at, apologized for judging and reacting the way that I did. I participated with a youth retreat at FBC Watauga and was reminded of how every stinkin thing we go through, how every little thing about us, God created and intedns to use to bring glory to His name (amen!).I've been working out between 2 and 3 times a week, and yesterday I started a new workout plan (Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred).

What a humbling experience! You're supposed to do the 20 minute workout every day for 30 consecutive days. There are 3 levels to it, and I started on level 1 last night with my friend Jacqueline. I couldn't do the whole thing! I am SO badly out of shape that I couldn't even get completely through the work out correctly. I didn't stop, but I really wanted to stop. (I probably would've if I hadn't known I'd look like a wimp in front of my friend). There was a part of the strength training that instructed us to do push-ups, and I couldn't even do the girly ones! I'm not really sore today, but I can definitely tell that I did something unusual yesterday. I haven't yet done the workout today, and I'm a little worried about it. I'm hoping that I will be able to get out of bed on Saturday morning. Because I'm supposed to get up around 7:30am and go do the workout again with Jacqueline. I think I might be crazy, but I've always heard that there's a high price to pay for beauty... I just always equated it with the pain of having your eyebrows plucked or something like that.

I am glad that it is Friday. 98 days till my wedding, 7 days till Spring Break starts, and 4 days till my birthday. Lots of countdowns going on right now. :-) I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: