Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hello from Toccoa!!

Hey everyone! I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER!! (Yes, I know it's only been 6 days...)

Tomorrow our first camp starts and I am totally JAZZED! I can't wait to find out what my assignment will be. We'll get them tonight. I spent all day yesterday helping our tech crew, Acquire the Fire (aka ATF), unload all their equipment and begin to set it all up. I never knew how HEAVY all that sound euipment is! The cool thing about that is that I get to see how all the tech stuff is done. Yesterday a crew of about 10 interns helped ATF with all the stuff (about 6 girls and 4 guys) and when they told Tyler, the lead intern, that they would need more people to help today, they specifically asked for me and my new friend Olivia to come back and help them. They said we'd worked really hard and they wanted us back. I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway... I have to go back and help do more tech stuff at 3, so I'd better close. My cell phone gets absolutely NO signal out here, so e-mails and comments on here are the best way to contact me. My e-mail address is chiquitaxbonita@hotmail.com. I hope everyone has a great week! I'll try to update again at some point this week, but if I were to guess when I'll get a chance to borrow someone's computer again, I'd say it'd probably be next Sunday. Have a wonderful week everyone, and please pray for our team. We're getting along wonderfully right now, but I know that as camp gets running, we're going to get run down. Please pray for strength, endurance, wisdom and lots and lots of understanding! :-) See y'all in about 6 weeks, give or take. I love you!!!

1 comment:

Kristen Svajda said...

That's so exciting! We will be praying for you!