Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Today is the day we pack up and head out. Half of the group has already left for Texas, and it saddens me to think that I probably won't see them again. 6 weeks isn't that long in the scheme of things, but when you live with someone and do ministry with them, you bond quickly. And then it's no fun saying goodbye to people you've grown close to.

It seems like it's barely been 2 weeks, let alone 5. We've only got one more week of GO TELL left and then it's off to Honduras for me. I'm excited, but I can hardly believe that the summer is already drawing to a close. It's been a crazy awesome ride.

I'm riding up to KY with Olivia and Jenny and we're leaving in about an hour. The drive is about 6 hours. Please keep us in your prayers if you read this today! :-)

This is probably the last blog I'll post while I'm gone. I don't know if I'll be able to access a computer next week, and I don't know how much time I'll have. My flight back to Texas from Kentucky leaves next Friday. The plane for Honduras leaves Saturday morning and we'll be back on July 19. I'll blog again after I get home.

Thank you for keeping up with me this summer. I appreciate all of the prayers and support!
Oh! If you want to see some pictures from the camps, click here. I'll post some of my own when I get back and can upload photos from my camera.

Love you!!!
~Allison~

No comments: