Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Four Letter Word

Welp, it's time to jump on the wagon. The dreaded DIET wagon, that is.

I bought my wedding dress a few weeks ago. It's absolutely gorgeous, and it fits almost perfectly. "Almost" is the key word. It's just a smidge too tight around my tummy and I have now realized that I simply cannot afford to gain any weight at all between now and June. And since I've been steadily, albeit slowly, gaining weight almost constantly over the last two years, I need to put a stop to the madness.

My plan is to cut back my daily calorie intake (nixing my carb intake the most) by trying the SPecial K thing; eat regular, planned meals and snacks so I don't go diving into the ice cream container when I get home or running by the golden arches on my way to church; begin exercising at the gym 3 days a week and doing Pilates at home on the days that I don't go to the gym, minus Sunday.

I think it's a good plan. I've got a work out buddy for my days at the gym, and my computer is cued up to some pictures I took two years ago when I weighed 50lbs less than I do now. I' m just praying I can stay strong.

I've never done this before, and I think that the key to success is going to be changing my mindset, reshaping the way I view eating. I need to stop eating because I'm bored, or eating just because it tastes good. I think that realizing those things just might be the first step in making better nutritional choices.

Wish me luck!

No comments: