Friday, April 29, 2011

Fess Up Friday! Woot.

Photobucket

Hooray! It's Friday. After spending 2 years waiting tables, I have a new appreciation for Friday. It no longer means a long, stressful evening of, "Would you like parmesan cheese on your pasta?" and "I'm so sorry I spilled that glass of iced tea all over your 5 year-old!" (that only happened once) or, "I'm sorry sir, but you've already had 16 beers, I can't bring you another one."

Ah, the adventures of waiting tables. I now have a solid appreciation for waitstaff. I do expect a little more from them, since I've done the job and I know what it takes to do it well, but I usually tip at least 20% because I remember how much it meant to me when I got a tip like that. (It meant I could have Wendy's for dinner that night instead of having to slurp down some Ramen when I got home).

But I digress. How was everyone's week? Mine was pretty good, I got a lot done for the wedding. I still can't decide how I want to wear my hair. Or how we're going to decorate the church. But I've still got 6 weeks. So I'm still not worried.
I'm more stressed about the fact that we're doing a night of worship at Bible study on Monday. I've never played the guitar and sang for an hour before. And I can't find my chord notebook. Ugh.

Okay, on to Fessing Up. I know that's what you came for. Alriiiight.
  • Easter was on Sunday. I planned to go to church with my mom and sisters. My middle sister called me Easter morning and said, "Hey, I thought you were going to church with us." The phone call had woken me up, so I groggily replied, "Yeah, I am. What time is it?" My sister then proceeded to tell me that it was 10:45 (the service started at 11) and that they had already left.
    So that's the story of how I didn't go to church on Easter.
  • I went to try on my wedding dress on Tuesday. Remember how excited I was that I'd been so good and lost the 10 pounds that I needed to lose? Well... I found them again. :-( That might have something to do with the fact that I am mildly addicted to Chickfila.
  •   I could not remember to go to the store to get milk to keep at school. So I kept having to buy the little cartons from the cafeteria.
  • I check woot.com every day. And while I'm there, I always click on the shirt.woot.com link.
    I think I may have a problem.
  • I tried to get out of my desk chair a few minutes ago. Instead of putting my foot on the ground, though, I put it in the trash can under my desk. Fortunately, I did realize my mistake before trying to stand up and walk away.
  • I was so proud of myself for not calling that kid James Polk again this week. Then I remembered that I didn't see him this week because of TAKS testing.
    What a letdown.

Okay, I think that's all I've got. Aside from this parting, unpaid advertisement. If you didn't watch The Big Bang Theory last night, you need to. Now. Seriously, click here.

Have a great weekend!
:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heehee! So I'm not the only one who missed church on Easter Sunday, that's good to know ;)

I had never heard of this woot.com... I'm not sure I should have been told. It looks a lot like Groupon meets the shopping network, which are both dangerous for me.

As always, I'm so happy you linked up!

Nicola said...

hehe, i like your milk story. :D
-----------
oh, well i work in a sort of clothes shop, and i work on the ladieswear dept. its lots of fun. :) i never thought i would want to work in a clothes shop, but its kinda cool.