Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Music

It's Wednesday! Only 5 and a half more weeks of school. Only 7 and a half more weeks of singleness! Holy crap. :-) How is everyone? From the blogs I'm reading, it seems that everyone is well. Yay! Keep posting, I like stalking you!
Last night, I was so proud of myself because I wrote thank you cards for every gift that I received at the shower on Sunday! (I'm normally the kind of person who doesn't even know what a thank you card looks like). Now I just need to address and mail them, but hey, a job well begun is half-done, right? :-)

I'm trying to decide on music for the ceremony, and it's kicking my butt. We've chosen the prelude, "Out of My League" by Stephen Speaks:


And during the sand ceremony, we're going to have Paco Estrada play and sing his song, "Never Let You Go":


Then we'll be walking out to "All In" by Lifehouse:


That leaves the prelude and the processional. I want something that's heavy on the piano and lyricless. And I do not want to have the Bridal March or Canon in D. Those are beautiful songs, but they are too cliché and I can't stand that. I've been listening to a lot of Jim Brickman and I found a very talented lady whose name is Miranda Wong, but I just can't decide. If you have any suggestions, I am so open to hearing them! Literally!

Alrighty, well, I suppose I should get back to work. I've got a cartfull of books to shelve. Have a happy Wednesday and I will see y'all on Friday! Looking forward to 'fessing up, I did some goofy stuff this week!

Ciao!

2 comments:

Amanda Jo said...

Have you heard "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes? It's wonderful!!! Maybe it'll fit somewhere! "Nothing Fancy" is also great song by the same man - it's actually a song that reminds me of my relationship with David!

Allison said...

I have heard "God Gave Me You." It is good. :-) I'll have to look up "Nothing Fancy" though. Thanks!!!